Homosexuality and Pederasty…Are They Connected?
Okay, I know you probably read this title and thought something like, “This guy must be insane! How could he even think about connecting homosexuality with pederasty?” I agree that the title is very edgy and I guess it worked because you are reading this, however, homosexuals and pederasts are connected in one very important way…both use the same line of argumentation to substantiate their lifestyles. With that, I need to make sure you understand this, “I am NOT saying that homosexuals are pederasts.” I am also NOT equating the act of homosexuality, in general, with pederasty. What I am saying is that the line of argumentation for both are strikingly similar. If this is the case and you accept the practice of homosexuality as morally right then you need to account for why pederasty would be wrong.
Dr. Michael Brown gives a quote from a professor from John Hopkins University in his book “A Queer Thing Happened to America” which says:
Homosexuality is no more a matter of voluntary choice than are left-handedness or color blindness. There is no known method of treatment by which it may be effectively and permanently altered, suppressed, or replaced. Punishment is useless. There is no satisfactory hypothesis, evolutionary or otherwise, as to why this exists in nature’s overall scheme of things. One must simply accept the fact that this does exist, and then, with optimum enlightenment, formulate a policy of what to do about it. -A Queer Thing Happened To America: And what a long, strange trip it’s been (Kindle Locations 4509-4513). BookMasters. Kindle Edition.
Do you agree with this quote? For many people this would be a totally acceptable description of homosexuality. However, Dr. Brown gives us a shocking revelation; this was not a quote about homosexuality. The quote is about pedophilia and ephebophilia. Dr. John Money’s actual quote is this:
Pedophilia and ephebophilia [referring to sexual attraction felt by an adult toward an adolescent] are no more a matter of voluntary choice than are left-handedness or color blindness. There is no known method of treatment by which they may be effectively and permanently altered, suppressed, or replaced. Punishment is useless. There is no satisfactory hypothesis, evolutionary or otherwise, as to why they exist in nature’s overall scheme of things. One must simply accept the fact that they do exist, and then, with optimum enlightenment, formulate a policy of what to do about it. -(Kindle Locations 4520-4524). BookMasters. Kindle Edition.
When I first read this I thought that this was just a coincidence. The argumentation used by homosexuals for their “rights” couldn’t be the same as the argumentation used by pedophiles…I was wrong. Dr. Brown goes on to quote the founder of Johns Hopkins Sexual Disorders Clinic, Prof. Fred Berlin:
It is likely that no one would choose voluntarily to develop a pedophilic sexual orientation. Those with such an orientation have no more decided to have it than have any of us decided as children to be either heterosexual or homosexual. Men with pedophilia get erections when fantasizing about children. Heterosexual men get erections when fantasizing about women. In neither case is that so because the individual in question has somehow decided ahead of time to program his mind to work in such a fashion. Persons with pedophilia have simply not chosen to experience an alternative state of mind. -(Kindle Locations 4540-4544). BookMasters. Kindle Edition.
I am sure that some of you are fuming by now, which is understandable, but I want to remind you again that I am not equating homosexuality with pedophilia. Nor am I calling all homosexuals pedophiles. Instead of getting totally upset, look at the words that Prof. Berlin said and ask if homosexuals use this same argument to justify their practices? They often do. I can’t tell you how many times I have heard a gay person say, “My homosexuality is no more of a choice than my heterosexuality.” Well, Berlin says that it is the same for the pedophile. Should we justify their actions? If a consenting child wants to have sex with a consenting adult should that be wrong? I think most of us would say yes. The only problem is that the homosexual now has no grounds to justify his/her sexual actions. If you are a homosexual or accepting of a homosexual lifestyle then you probably have made the following arguments. If you are not then you probably have heard these:
1) My homosexuality is not a sexual preference but a sexual orientation, just as much as your heterosexuality is not a sexual preference but a sexual orientation.
2) My homosexuality is just as normal as your heterosexuality.
3) Since my behavior is genetically determined and is not a choice, it is intolerant and hateful to suggest that it is wrong. And to call my sexual behavior illegal or immoral, or to refuse to legitimize same-sex relationships, is to be a moral bigot of the highest order.
4) I deeply resent your attempts to identify areas of my upbringing and environment as alleged causes for my homosexuality.
5) I categorically reject the myth that someone can change his or her sexual orientation. Rather, such statements only add to the anguish and suffering of gays and lesbians, and attempts to change us often lead to catastrophic consequences, including depression and suicide. -(Kindle Locations 4564-4573). BookMasters. Kindle Edition.
If you are living a homosexual lifestyle than I am sure that you would agree with most of these arguments. I know that some have renounced the gross statements about homosexuality being genetic, however, the other statements still get used often to morally defend homosexuality. Directly following this Dr. Brown writes these words:
Now, let’s make a slight adjustment in this polemic and put it on the lips of a pederast speaking to a homosexual:
1) My pederasty is not a sexual preference but a sexual orientation, just as much as your homosexuality is not a sexual preference but a sexual orientation.
2) My pederasty is just as normal as your homosexuality.
3) Since my behavior is genetically determined and is not a choice, it is intolerant and hateful to suggest that it is wrong. And to call my sexual behavior illegal or immoral, or to refuse to legitimize adult-child relationships, is to be a moral bigot of the highest order.
4) I deeply resent your attempts to identify areas of my upbringing and environment as alleged causes for my pederasty.
5) I categorically reject the myth that someone can change his or her sexual orientation. Rather, such statements only add to the anguish and suffering of pederasts, and attempts to change us often lead to catastrophic consequences, including depression and suicide. -(Kindle Locations 4574-4585). BookMasters. Kindle Edition.
I hope most of us can see the issue. The issue is that the pederasts and homosexuals use the very same argumentation, yet, most homosexuals would totally reject pederasty. The problem is if they reject pederasty then they have no basis for doing so. If they reject pederasty then they leave their position without any argumentation. If they do accept it then they go against what most people would consider morally wrong. Either way their position is exposed. Well known pederasty advocate (what a gross thing) David Thorstad gave a speech entitled “Pederasty and Homosexuality” at the Semana Cultural Lesbica-Gay event held in Mexico City in 1998. He said:
Our movement today stresses the liberation and empowerment of young people. Instead of pedagogy, democracy. Rather than a Greek love mentor-relationship, the companionship of independent and autonomous individuals. In place of male supremacy, a vision of sexual, economic, and political liberation for all. Freedom is indivisible. The liberation of children, women, boy-lovers, and homosexuals in general, can occur only as complementary facets of the same dream. -(Kindle Locations 4610-4614). BookMasters. Kindle Edition.
For all of you that are partial to the arguments for homosexuality I think you should reconsider them. If you stick to them and reject consensual pederasty then you are limiting the “liberation” for “young people”. You are no worse than the traditional people you call hate-filled because you do not believe that “freedom is indivisible”. You limit the rights of “young people” to have sexual relations with the person that they love. And you do so while holding to the same argumentation. Is this not hypocritical? It seems that way to me.
The truth is that just like pederasty, homosexuality goes against God’s law and God’s creation. Male and female were meant to come together in sexual union. Biology shows us this, History attests to this, and God created it. I am asking that you reconsider your views and turn to the one that can set you free. As Jesus says in John 8: 34-35:
Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. -ESV
Thanks for reading.