Is the Gay Agenda a Myth?
I have just started reading Dr. Michael Brown’s book A Queer Thing Happened to America. In the first chapter, Dr. Brown writes about “A Stealth Gay Agenda”. In that chapter he quotes many gay activists who say the gay agenda is a myth. According to many the gay agenda is a legend. We are to believe that the gay agenda does not exist. Not only that we are to believe that the mythical gay agenda was propagated by right-wing bigots. After extensively quoting people in the pro-homosexuality position Dr. Brown says these words:
The testimony is unanimous and unequivocal: There is a right-wing, bigoted, anti-gay agenda, but there is no gay agenda. Case closed. Or is it? -Brown, Michael (2011-05-25). A Queer Thing Happened To America: And what a long, strange trip it’s been (Kindle Locations 416-417). BookMasters. Kindle Edition.
While denying that there is a gay agenda, many activists, asserted that there is an anti-gay agenda. In fact, some said the anti-gay agenda is hateful, evil, and destructive, all the while, denying that there was any gay agenda. Are they right? Is there really no gay agenda? Dr. Brown provides a convincing case against their claims. Allow me to provide some examples from Dr. Brown’s book that establishes the existence of the gay agenda.
Let’s start in the 1970’s with a gay manifesto by Karl Wittman.
Carl Wittman’s landmark Refugees from Amerika: Gay Manifesto, dated Thursday, January 1, 1970, concluded with AN OUTLINE OF IMPERATIVES FOR GAY LIBERATION:
1. Free ourselves: come out everywhere; initiate self defense and political activity; initiate counter community institutions.
2. Turn other gay people on: talk all the time; understand, forgive, accept.
3. Free the homosexual in everyone: we’ll be getting a good bit of [expletive] from threatened latents: be gentle, and keep talking & acting free.
4. We’ve been playing an act for a long time, so we’re consummate actors. Now we can begin to be, and it’ll be a good show! -(Kindle Locations 440-448).
In Chicago, Illinois, the 1972 Gay Rights Platform was formulated, including nine federal goals and eight state goals, some of which called for:
Issuance by the President of an executive order prohibiting the military from excluding for reasons of their sexual orientation, persons who of their own volition desire entrance into the Armed Services; and from issuing less-than-fully-honorable discharges for homosexuality; and the upgrading to fully honorable all such discharges previously issued, with retroactive benefits. (1972 Federal-2)
Federal encouragement and support for sex education courses, prepared and taught by Gay women and men, presenting homosexuality as a valid, healthy preference and lifestyle as a viable alternative to heterosexuality. (1972 Federal-6)
Repeal of all state laws prohibiting private sexual acts involving consenting persons; equalization for homosexuals and heterosexuals for the enforcement of all laws. (1972 State-2)
Repeal of all state laws prohibiting transvestism and cross-dressing. (1972 State-6)
Repeal of all laws governing the age of sexual consent. (1972 State-7)
Repeal of all legislative provisions that restrict the sex or number of persons entering into a marriage unit; and the extension of legal benefits to all persons who cohabit regardless of sex or numbers. (1972 State-8) – (Kindle Locations 452-464).
Here we see a call for the changing of federal and state laws. Is that not a gay agenda? Is not appealing for “federal encouragement and support for sex education courses, prepared and taught by Gay women and men, presenting homosexuality as a valid, healthy preference and lifestyle,” be evidence for a gay agenda? Even with activists asking us to allow gay people to teach the next generation on sexual matters, the gay agenda is a myth…right? Dr. Brown points out this “mythical” gay agenda yet again:
Expressing himself with great vigor – and perhaps an extremist tone even for gay activists – ACT UP leader Steve Warren intoned an ominous sounding alarm for religious Jews and Christians in his September, 1987 “Warning to the Homophobes.” (Despite the threatening tone, this was published by The Advocate, the nation’s most prominent gay magazine.)
1. Henceforth, homosexuality will be spoken of in your churches and synagogues as an “honorable estate.”
2. You can either let us marry people of the same sex, or better yet abolish marriage altogether….
3. You will be expected to offer ceremonies that bless our sexual arrangements…. You will also instruct your people in homosexual as well as heterosexual behavior, and you will go out of your way to make certain that homosexual youths are allowed to date, attend religious functions together, openly display affection, and enjoy each other’s sexuality without embarrassment or guilt.
4. If any of the older people in your midst object, you will deal with them sternly, making certain they renounce their ugly and ignorant homophobia or suffer public humiliation.
5. You will also make certain that … laws are passed forbidding discrimination against homosexuals and heavy punishments are assessed….
6. Finally, we will in all likelihood want to expunge a number of passages from your Scriptures and rewrite others, eliminating preferential treatment of marriage and using words that will allow for homosexual interpretations of passages describing biblical lovers such as Ruth and Boaz or Solomon and the Queen of Sheba. Warning: If all these things do not come to pass quickly, we will subject Orthodox Jews and Christians to the most sustained hatred and vilification in recent memory. We have captured the liberal establishment and the press. We have already beaten you on a number of battlefields…. You have neither the faith nor the strength to fight us, so you might as well surrender now. – (Kindle Locations 476-494).
So, we have one gay activist who says that churches need to talk about homosexuality as “honorable”. He says that we must redefine marriage to allow for gay-marriage or else abolish the institution all together. He says that churches must “bless” homosexual behavior. He says that we must publicly humiliate those who do not agree with homosexuality. He also says that churches must, “make certain that … laws are passed forbidding discrimination against homosexuals and heavy punishments are assessed,” and that we must take out any passages in Scripture that speak out against homosexuality. His words speak about religious and political reform, and, get published in a widely known gay magazine, yet, the gay agenda is a myth.
Look up any meaningful definition of “agenda” and you will find something like this:
If this definition is acceptable then we can only conclude that the gay agenda is real and has been established for a while. We see this agenda displayed for us in elementary schools, middle schools, high schools, and colleges. We see political campaigns built around this agenda. We see laws being passed to appease the people espousing this agenda. We see churches abandoning the Scriptures to support this agenda. We see parades, festivals, TV shows, conventions, and our current president, who said June 2009 was to be known as LGBT Pride Month, supporting this agenda.
Christians, it is time to recognize that this battle has been going on for a long time and the people representing the “mythical” gay agenda have been fighting with little resistance from the other side. What should be done about this? What can be done about this?
- World Wide Gay Agenda (anotherchristianblog.org)